Aliens Vs. Predator 2 is a first person shooting video game that was developed by Monolith Productions and published by Sierra On-Line. The video game was released on October 22, 2001, in order to get a USK 16 rating the game had to be censored in Germany.
Censorship[edit | edit source]
Germany Censorship[edit | edit source]
- Blood splatters were removed.
- Red pools of blood were removed.
- Corpses disappear faster.
- If you attempt to cut up a dead opponent it simple makes the corpse disappear rather then causing a limb to separate.
- In the first level of the marine campaign the blood on/ round the dead mercs were removed along with the pools of blood and blood on the walls being removed.
- In the second level of the marine campaign blood on corpses and around corpses was removed.
- In the fifth level of the marines campaign blood on corpses and pools of blood were removed.
- In the fourth level of the Predictor campaign pools of blood were removed.
- In the intro Predictor campaign the cutscene was modified for the German release. In the uncensored version there is a skinned corpse in the German release the corpse isn't skinned and is wearing clothes.
- The scene that shows Dr. Eisenberg hallucinating was modified for the German release. In the German release pools of blood were removed and the blood on her mouth was removed.
- Scientists in levels sometimes say "Please, no, no please!" it was changed to "Oh, Jesus!"
- The Netgun text was altered in the uncensored version it says "With the netgun, you can trap your enemies. To escape quickly, they must cut themselves free with a Knife, Wristblade, or Claws. Otherwise, they will have to slowly disentangle themselves. Don't give them the time. Cut them into little pieces." it was changed to "You can immobilize your opponents with the net rifle. In order to flee quickly, they then have to cut themselves free with a knife, wrist blades or claws. Otherwise they have to slowly untangle themselves from the net. Use this time advantage wisely."
- Corpses after hatching were censored to be less graphic.
Where to find it uncensored[edit | edit source]
Every other country has it uncensored.