All Dogs go to Heaven is a 1989 feature film made by don Bluth. It is about a dog named Charlie who dies and gets sent to heaven but cheats death and saves Ann Marie from carface. Similarly to the land before time, this film underwent severe cutting and editing of footage. (Ditto here as with tblt page). Don bluth had a 35mm copy of the uncut film and wanted the traitorously evil gold crest film studios. This uncut version ran at 95 minutes and was exactly 11 Minutes and 3 seconds longer than the final cut.
Production Censorship[edit | edit source]
Director’s Cut[edit | edit source]
- a Extended Version of Charlie’s nightmare in hell. the extra minute of footage includes an additional shot of Charon (the skeleton demon thing) staring at Charlie for 2 seconds before he hissed at him, a segment where the hellhound flies towards the boat Charlie is on and says: Now you are MINE! The boat starts rocking around as a lava silhouette of the hellhound jumpscares Charlie and the hellhound begins to laugh, and another scene with Charon getting up in Charlie’s face and then flies upward after he screams, shooting fireballs from his mouth witch hits the boat, causing it to sink and filling in the plot hole (This last part goes on for 40 seconds). After he gets attacked by the imps and he yells, he would have been eaten by the hellhound as seen below. this cel can be mistaken for belonging to the scene where the latter says now you are mine.However, 2 Celsa and a still to exist of this part along with poorly recorded camcorder footage. After wards, Charlie would wake up in the bathtub instead and fall off the faucet .This scene is partially found by a user on tumblr who has a copy of this scene. Despite his or her copy being better quality, she never posted her copy online. Also the last part that shows how the boat sank is not found yet, but 3 cels survive. They can be seen in the gallery (once it is made) Scene Status: Partially found.
- A Extended Version of Charlie and itchy running away from prison in the opening. Scene status: Lost.
- An Extended Version of the Grand Chawhee birthday race. Scene status: Lost.
- A additional scene where Charlie getting hit by a car is seen in full. This scene is completely lost. Not even a cel surfaced online. However, on lost media archive, a user uploaded a still from the climax and advertised it as a cel from the car scene. (He even used a painting software to add his own edits for some reason). People were fooled by this from August 26, 2020 to 2 days later when this was exposed. Scene Status: Lost
- Shortened dialogue such as: Damn that carface I’ll kill em! Shortended to remove the swear. Scene status: Mostly lost.
- Originally Judith barsi herself was to sing “soon you’ll come home” but after multiple attempted she was dismissed because during acting she would begin to cry because it reminded her of how she had a horrible father and wanted to have a normal life again. So she was replaced for this song by Lana beeson. Scene status: Lost
- when killer was asked what type of gun he has, he says that he has a flash gordon atomic ray gun in the theatrical cut. However, in the lost uncut version, he has a tommy gun but it is unknown what he originally said. However if you lip read, you can kind of get an idea of what he originally said. Afterwards car face says: a tommy gun. this was also changed to: a reeeee gun. Scene status: partially lost.
- An Alternate version of the flash gordon ray gun scene. It was originally a tommy gun, some of the chase was altered, and when Charlie was shot near the tomatoes, they were supposed to leak juice that made the illusion that he was shot. Scene status: lost
- After carface and his gang assaults itchy near the end of the film, right after itchy dodges carfaces nail like it was a knife, car face originally began to continue attacking, after a minute of this, itchy escapes while car face plants a bomb resulting in an explosion the following scene. This creates a plot hole as this scene explained the bruises itchy had. the explosion was reduced to the bar bursting in flames to fill the plot hole. Scene status: lost.
- an extended story time scene with Anne Marie.
- An Alternate Ending where Charlie doesn’t save Ann Marie on time and they both go to hell where they are tortured by the hellhound for all eternity. After this part, itchy attends a Burial for Charlie and Ann Marie. Due to this, the song “love survives” is replaced with a dark reprise of let me be surprised as Charlie and Ann Marie attempt to escape hell and successfully escape, kickstarting an alternate sequel. Scene status: Existance unconfirmed. (Or could just simply be a dreadful creepypasta.
where to find it uncensored[edit | edit source]
There is no uncensored version of this movie, however don bluth planned on making a director’s cut for this movie that ran at 95 minutes. He wanted goldcrest film studios to distribute this cut after his vacation in Ireland. This was a grave mistake because goldcrest then destroyed all copies of the directors cut because paying for it in storage cost too much even though it was already in storage, so they probably just did this so they could receive a flood of death threats and backlash and so they can anger poor bluth. However, some of the uncut hell scene was found back in 2016, so this could either mean that there are a few copies of the extended cut left, or this was a recreated bootleg scene made using cels and the audio of the original scene, or its real and the only scene that was properly archived, albeit partially. (I hope it’s the first)