Bionic Commando is a platforming video game that was developed by Capcom and published by Capcom. The video game was released on July 20, 1988, due to Nintendo's strict family friendly policies the video game along with West German law preventing Nazi imagery the game was censored for the International release.
Censorship[edit | edit source]
International Censorship[edit | edit source]
- The coverart was modified for the International release. In the Japanese release the coverart showed Hitler, in the International release Hitler was removed, and a random dictator was put in his place.
- All swastikas were removed and replaced with Eagles.
- The scene where one of the soldiers says "Get the heck out of here, you nerd!" was changed to "Don't be hasty advance with caution."
- The interrogation of the captured enemy soldier was slightly altered in the International version you have to swing to his side of the room. While in the Japanese version you have to hit him five times, and have the ability to shoot him. (It is not possible to shoot him in the International version.) Additional in the Japanese version there is a friendly soldier in the room in the International release this soldier was removed.
- In the Japanese release if you hit the captured solder 255 times you get the message "You're amazing! A genius! Hehehe.... I'll give you all of the weapons!" this secert scene was removed in the International release.
Where to find it uncensored[edit | edit source]
The Japanese release is completely uncensored.