Captain Commando is a beat em um video game that was developed by Capcom and published by Capcom. The video game was released on 1995. Due to Nintendo's policies at the time the game was censored on the SNES.
Censorship[edit | edit source]
International Censorship[edit | edit source]
- The character descriptions of Mack and Ginzu in the uncensored version say that Ginzu can cut his opponents in half and Mack's attacks melt the opponents. In the censored version these aspects were removed.
- Blood was removed.
- Enemies can no longer be split in half by Ginzu's fatal hit.
- Mark's fatal attack no longer causes enemies to melt.
- Characters hit by Captain Commando's fatal flamethrower or other fire attacks, crumbles to ashes after being on fire. In the SNES version burning effect, but they do not turn to ash.
- Enemies no longer smoke.
- Enemies no longer carry guns.
- The electric batons woman enemies were modified for the SNES release. In the SNES release their clothes were extended to cover their butts.
- The level 7 Boss "Blood" was renamed "Boots".
Where to find it uncensored[edit | edit source]
There is no uncensored version of the SNES release but every every platform has it uncensored.