Dark Messiah: Might and Magic is a RPG that was developed by Arkane Studio, Ubisoft Annecy (Xbox 360) and published by Ubisoft. The video game was released on October 24, 2006, in order to be released in Germany the game had to be censored for German markets. The Xbox 360 port received some censorship for unknown reasons this censorship toned down the violence in the game.
- When you stab enemies to death there is no longer any blood.
- Blood in cutscenes were removed.
- Blood splatters were removed.
- It is no longer possible to chop off limbs or heads.
- Enemies who catch fire immediately die in the German version.
- Damage textures on corpses were removed.
- You can no longer throw corpses.
- It is no longer possible to set corpses on fire.
- You can no longer impale corpses.
- All International Censorship and German PC censorship applies
- You no longer see enemies get set on fire when using fire magic while in the PC version you see them set on fire for a brief couple of seconds in the Xbox 360 version they just die the moment you use the spell.
- Ragdoll effects were removed.
- The scene that shows a Wizard hanging from the celling, in the German version you can't punch or kick or move the Wizard at all.
- The Frost Weapon that you get using the Frost Spell no longer shatters when you kill enemies.
- Corpses disappear a lot faster then they do in any other version.
- As soon as you injure a enemy there is a bright light over the wound preventing you from seeing most of the blood.
- You can no longer chop off limbs. (you can only chop off enemies heads)
- Enemies who die from being set on fire no longer have charred corpses.
Where to find it uncensored
The International PC release is uncensored.