Dark Sector is a third person shooting video game that was developed by Digital Extremes and published by D3 Publisher, Aspyr and Noviy Disk. The video game was released on March 25, 2008. In order to get released in Australia and Germany the game had to be censored.
The game was banned in Australia due to high impact gory violence. An adult rating for video games released in Australia did not exist at the time. The game is available uncensored in New Zealand, where it was given an R18 rating.
- In the censored Australian version, it's not possible to sever arms or legs with the glaive.
- The censored Australian version lacks three graphic finishing moves.
- Beheading is no longer possible.
- It is no longer possible to cut off enemies limbs.
- Explosion can no longer cut enemies in half.
- While enemies can still die due to being set on fire, the fire effect was removed.
- The cutscene in the second chapter was modified for the German release. In the uncensored version a soldier's head is blown off in the German version it isn't blown off.
Where to find it uncensored
Every other region has it uncensored.