Duke Nukem 3D is a first-person shooting video game that was developed by 3D Realms and published by FormGen. The video game was released on January 29, 1996. In order to get the game to release in Australia it had to be censored.
Censorship[edit | edit source]
Australia Censorship[edit | edit source]
- Blood was reduced/removed.
- Enemies can no burst apart when attacked by certain weapons.
- The heads that are moving along a belt on plates in a Chinese restaurant were removed.
- In the "cinemas" or "men's booths" you can see scantily clad women walking around them, while in the Australian version they were removed.
- Adult posters/magazines were removed.
- You can no longer slip money into dancers to have them briefly open their bra.
- Dancers in strip clubs when they die no longer have money spawn near them.
- NPC who are serving as hosts no longer beg to be killed.
- If you crush the villain who turned into a rat you no longer see it occur instead the camera makes it happen off-screen and instead you only hear the crushing noise.
Where to find it uncensored[edit | edit source]
Every other country has it uncensored.