Final Fantasy is a Japanese RPG that was developed by Square and was published by Square/ Nintendo. The video game was released on July 12, 1990, due to Nintendo wanting to make the game more family friendly religious references were removed and sexuality was toned down.
- The scene that shows pentagram was modified for the American release. In the American version it was changed to a triangle.
- Any building that was a church was modified for the American release. In the American version the cross’s on the top of the building were digitally removed, and the buildings were renamed to clinics.
- The two cross title sets were modified for the American release. In the American version they were changed to candles.
- In the American release Medusa’s sprite was modified. In the American version Medusa is wearing a bra.
- The kill spell was renamed Rub.
- References to death were removed.
Where to find it uncensoredEdit
The Japanese release was completely uncensored.