Final Fantasy VIII is a Japanese RPG that was developed by Square and published by Square. The video game was released on February 11, 1999, the western release was made more family friendly. As a result violence was toned down.
Censorship[edit | edit source]
International Censorship[edit | edit source]
- In the uncensored version Gerogero's organs were red, in the censored version they were digitally recolored blue.
- The scene that shows Ultimecia Castle's armory was modified for the International release. In the International version the blood that was on the wall was digitally recolored green.
- Caraway originally had a red armband, in the censored version it is blue. This was done most likely to avoid having the outfit appear like a Nazi uniform.
European Censorship[edit | edit source]
- Along with all of the above International censorship the European release further censored the game.
- The weapon that Selphie wields was modified for the European release. In uncensored version the weapon is called nunchaku, in the European version it is called shinobou.
Where to find it uncensored[edit | edit source]
The Japanese version is compeltely uncensored while the European version is the most censored.