God of War is a American hack and slash video game that was developed by SCE Santa Monica Studio and published by Sony Computer Entertainment, and it was released on March 22, 2005. Due to rating issues regarding violence in video games, the German release had to be censored. As a result violence was toned down.
- The game was originally refused a rating, as a result the game could not be released in Germany. Though a censored version latter did get rated and released in Germany
- The puzzle that involves a human sacrificed was modified for the German release. In the German version the human sacrificed and changed to a monster being sacrificed.
- Any scene that shows a human character in a metal cage was modified for the German release. In the German version they were changed to monsters.
- The dialogue between Kratos and the human solider trapped in the metal cage was modified for the German release. In the German version the human is now a monster, and the dialogue was muted.
- The note that says "I know I am weak but I can not be a part of this. I have failed Athens." it was changed to "What the Gods asks me I can not do, even for Pandora's box. They are monsters now, and the were once men."
Where to find it uncensoredEdit
Every other country had it completely uncensored.