Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a action-adventure game that was developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar. The video game was released on 26 October 2004. Due to the game targeting a USK 16 rating in Germany the game was censored.
- The game was originally banned due to high-impact gory violence, the game was released on 2012 though it was censored.
- It is no longer possible to kick people when they are lying on the ground.
- It is no longer possible to blast people's heads off with the sniper rifle, and the blood splatter was removed. (The blood pool remains.)
(Note: This list is based on the PS2's censorship the PS3's is less censored.)
- You can no longer remove body parts.
- Beating up the police no longer rewards you any money.
- You generally are unable to chase fallen people with a melee weapon.
- Violence against civilians has been minimized.
- The hotel boy in the Misson 555 We Tip was changed to a criminal.
- The traveler in the Mission Architecture Espionage was changed to a Ballas.
- The construction worker in the Mission Deconstruction was changed to a Ballas.
- The Ballas were made a Yakuza-like organization with rather than a street gang, with more influence on San Andreas than in the original version.
- Sexual references were toned down or removed.
- The bone cracking sounds is removed when you run over pedestrians.
- Pimp missions were removed.
- Any scene that contained "extremists depictions" were removed.
- The scene that shows a policeman being torn apart by the helicopter's main rotor in the mission Uniting the Families was cut.
- You can no longer shoot birds in the game.
- Two player missions that involve killing civilians were removed.
- The scene that shows CJ's interacting with Katharina in the mission "Gone Courting" was cut.
- Any scene that shows characters ingesting drugs in missions Body Harvest and End of the Line were removed.
- The quarry mission was modified for the Japanese release. In the Japanese version the corpses were changed to mannequins.
- The word narcotics was changed to sake.
Saudi Arabia Censorship
- The video game is banned due to it's violent content.
Where to find it uncensored
Every other nation has it uncensored.