Gun is a action-adventure video game that was developed by Neversoft, Beenox (PC), Rebellion Developments (PSP) and published by Activision. The video game was released on November 8, 2005. Due to the game targeting a USK 16 rating the game had to be censored in Germany.
The Association for American Indian Development declared a boycott of the game, claiming that it contains "derogatory, harmful, and inaccurate depictions of American Indians".
- Blood splatters were removed.
- Pools of blood were removed.
- The word "Headshot" was changed to "Direct Hit"
- Death animations were removed.
- It is no longer possible to separate body parts.
- You can no longer execute hostages instead you can knock them out.
- You can no longer scalp enemies.
- You can no longer burn enemies.
- The game's intro was cut.
- The scene that shows Magruder chopping off the head of a healer with his saber was modified for the German release. In the German version the head stays on the healer and instead the healer simply falls to the ground dead.
Where to find it uncensored
The Xbox 360 version has it uncensored, and every other country has it uncensored.