Half-Life is a science fiction first-person shooter developed by Valve Software and published by Sirrea/Valve. In order to get a USK 16 rating for the German release the game was censored. This was done in order to get the game released in German, due to Germany's strict rules regarding violence most of the violence in the game was removed.
Censorship[edit | edit source]
German Censorship[edit | edit source]
- Characters no longer bleed when injured. (the only blood is from monsters now.)
- Blood on walls were removed.
- Corpses immediately disappear after dying (this originally only happened to was enemies torn apart by grenades.)
- HECU soldiers were changed to Robot soldiers.
- Barnacles vomit mechanical parts such as springs and cogs when killed instead of vomiting up gore.
- Bullet wounds no longer happen.
- All blood effects were removed.
- Scientists and Security guards no longer die but instead sit down on the floor and shake their heads.
- The death animation of the female assassin was altered so that her eyes remain covered by her night vision goggles rather than become visible after the goggles slide off.
- The assassin's breasts also do not bounce while walking.
- In the multiplayer portion of the game, the only available player model is Helmet.
- Most of the screams that characters make were removed.
Singapore Censorship[edit | edit source]
- The video game is banned in Singapore due it it's violent content.
Where to find it uncensored[edit | edit source]
Every other country has it completely uncensored. The German Steam site now offers a uncensored patch.