HOW to ADD TEXT text to a page »
What is this?Edit
This The Bloggers Against Censorship Wiki is a Wiki (see Wikipedia's definition), which means that anyone can easily edit any page and have those changes posted immediately to that page. You can do this by following 3 simple steps: edit, Add text and Save page.
How to add text to a pageEdit
1. Click on the EDIT tabEdit
Editing a Wiki page is very easy. You you can add information to any page using three simple steps. Simply click on the "edit" tab at the top of the page.
2. Add textEdit
- Clicking the edit tab will bring you to a page with a text box containing the text of the page. Decide the best place to add your text, then just type the text. Don't worry about bold, italics, etc. We can make any style changes for you later.
3. PREVIEW first, then SAVEEdit
After adding to or changing the text it is useful to press Show preview before you save the page. This results in showing the webpage in your browser but does not make it publicly available yet (not until you press Save page). This also gives you a chance to make corrections before you save. If you want to see how the correction will appear, press Show preview again. If you want, you can also add a very short description of the changes you made, by using the Summary  field at the bottom of the page. Just remember edit, Show preview and Save page. Three easy steps and your information is on the internet!
Editing long pagesEdit
- Long pages are divided into subsections. Each subsection has an Edit link in the right side of the page, on the same line with the subsection's title. For example, Bypassing The Ban is a long page; in order to add your technique of getting past a block, go to the bottom of the page, click on the right side Edit link, add text, then click Save.
Text is important, not formatEdit
- The text is what's important: Don't wory about formatting the text (with headlines, italics, bold, lists, etc.). Just add the text, preview, and save.
- How to add a link: If you want to include a link in your text, write it as text, in the following format:
- More info on format: If you're interested to find more information about wiki markup, use this page from Wikipedia.