Minecraft is a survival, RPG and mutliplayer game that was released in May 5, 2009 and is still ongoing. When the Caves and Cliffs update trailer and snapshots were released, the update and trailer were censored in some countries.
Censorship[edit | edit source]
International Censorship[edit | edit source]
- In the trailer, any scene that shows the goats attacking villagers, Steve, Alex and more was modified for the international release. In the international release they only attack when the players punch the goat.
- In the Caves and Cliffs features catalog, goats are included in the catalog. However, in Korea, goats were removed from the catalog due to its violent and explict content
- In the early snapshots, goats were renamed in some countries to Attacking Horses, beacuse Goat means Butt.
- Goats were removed from the Latin Spanish releases of the early and late snapshots.
- In the North American version, goats originally attacked the players when seen. However during mid-development, this part was removed due to its violent content. It also happens for the international version. The goats only attack if players hit or kill a baby goat.
- In the Japanese version of Minecraft, goats are less agreesive and much more cuter and has anime-like eyes.
- In the European Spanish and some European Portuguese versions, goats were made less agreesive and no longer attack players when their babies are hit or dead, while baby goats were kept the same (agreesive).
- In the Japanese version of the update, some new fish no longer attack Elder Guardians.
- New fish were made less agreesive in the Latin Spanish release of the Caves and Cliffs update.
- New fish are less violent in the Chinese and Mexican versions.
- This update was banned in Italy due to its violent content of goats and the new fish.
- Blood was removed from the Elder Guardians and the Fish after the 1.8.9 update in Spanish releases.
Where to find it uncensored[edit | edit source]
The original American version is completely uncensored.