Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is a Japanese RPG and t was developed by Intelligent Systems, and published by Nintendo. The game was released on July 22, 2004. Due to Nintendo wanting to make the game more family friendly violence and sexuality was toned down while alcoholic references were removed in all non-Japanese copies of the game.
Censorship[edit | edit source]
International Censorship[edit | edit source]
- The scene that shows a chalk outline surrounded by blood in one of the buildings, was modified for the International release. In the International version the chalk and blood were digitally removed.
- The item "Vintage Red" was digitally recolored pink, and called "Chuckola Cola".
- The scene that shows Peeka wearing bunny ears was modified for the American/Canadian release. In the American version Peeka is wearing cat ears.
- In the uncensored version Vivian is referred to as a "boy". In the American/Canadian release Vivian is refereed to as a "girl".
European Censorship[edit | edit source]
- The European version contains the already mentioned International censorship plus some additional censorship.
- Any scene that shows Mario raising his arm while speaking was modified for the European release. In the European version Mario doesn't raise his arm while speaking.
Uncensored Version[edit | edit source]
The Japanese version is completely uncensored.