Sesame Street is a children's educational program enjoyed by many when it first aired on NET in the United States in 1969. Over 4000 episodes have aired.
- In the Elmo’s World episode Mail, the part where Elmo humps Computer was censored in some PBS airings of the episode
- The episode in which The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz appeared on Sesame Street was banned around the world and was considered a lost episode of the show
- The episode in which a hurricane struck Sesame Street was censored due to 9/11 and had some Elmo’s World episodes at the end, considering it to be a little dark, like the Birds episode in which Elmo became a peacock in the imagination sequence
- The episode in which a fire destroyed Sesame Street was pulled in the UK
- The episode in which a bird gets lost from Paraguay was pulled from some PBS airings and is mostly shown on some Sprout airings and features the Sleep episode from Elmo’s World with Elmo as a squirrel in the imagination sequence
- Some Sprout airings of Episode 3986 and Episode 4193 have the line “Most Squirrels Do” from Elmo’s World: Sleep. If you listen closely enough, you can hear the bed saying “Most Swirls Do” instead of “Squirrels”, so that’s a misheard quote.