Sword Art Onlineis a fantasy anime series by A-1 Pictures based on the light novel series of the same name by Reki Kawahara. When the series was broadcast on television in the United States, Australia, and Taiwan, some censorship was applied to the series in order to comply with broadcast standards.
- The words "shit", "goddamn", and one instance of "fuck" were bleeped out.
- The version of the series broadcast on ABC3/ABC ME has some edits for violence in later episodes in order to receive a PG rating (the uncut version of the final volume of the series was the only one rated M by the Australian OFLC).
- Episode 10
- The scene that shows Asuna stripping down to her underwear was modified for the CTV broadcast. In the CTV version shadows were digitally added, as a result most of the screen is blacked out.
- The scene that shows Asuna wearing her underwear was modified for the CTV broadcast. In the CTV version a large circle is covering most of her body.
- Episode 24
- The scene that shows Asuna's face being forcibly licked by the Fairly King was modified for the CTV broadcast. In the CTV version Oberon's tongue pixelated. (Despite the censorship the Taiwan government fined CTV NT $210,000 for showing an "attempted rape")
How to obtain the uncensored versionEdit
- The series is uncensored on DVD/Blu-ray releases, Netflix, and streaming services such as Amazon, Hulu, and iTunes.
This article is a stub. Please help by Censorship wikia by expanding it.