The Evil Within is a third-person horror video game that was developed by Tango Gameworks and was published by Bethesda Softworks. The video game was released on October 14, 2014. In order to get a D Cero rating, and in accordance with its regulations, in Japan the game was censored.
Censorship[edit | edit source]
Japanese Censorship[edit | edit source]
It was released as Psycho Break in Japan.
- Headshots no longer cause heads to burst apart.
- Explosions no longer can blast people apart instead they stay in one piece.
- Sebastian's death is made less graphic.
- Sebastian's head can no longer be smashed in by enemies.
- Beheadings are no longer possible and/or no longer shown
- Sebastian getting beaten to pieces by certain bosses is now less graphic.
- Enemy models were changed to no longer have guts/gore.
- Gore was removed. The "Gore Mode" DLC removes this censorship, resulting in a Z rating.
- Severed heads are no longer severed and instead on a whole body.
Where to find it uncensored[edit | edit source]
Every other country has it uncensored.