Thor: Ragnarok is a 2017 film distributed by Marvel Studios, also directed by Taika Waititi and starring Chris Hemsworth in the titular lead role. On the Australian network ABC Me, the movie was mildly censored in order to be more kid-friendly, as with the first two films involving Thor, which had to be heavily censored for some language and some intense scenes of violence, resulting in a "PG-LV" rating.
Censorship[edit | edit source]
Australian Censorship[edit | edit source]
ABC Me[edit | edit source]
A very small amount of the movie had to be censored in order to appeal to younger audiences and to be more kid-friendly, resulting in a "PG-V" rating, unlike the first two Thor films, which were rated "PG-LV" (although in this film, every use of "hell" and "damn", which are okay for a "PG" rating, are uncensored). It premiered on September 28, 2018 at 7pm on the channel. The censorship goes as follows:
- The line "Surtur, son of a bitch!" is changed to "Surtur, son of a snitch!"
- The line "Oh, shit." is changed to "Oh, boy."
- The line "We're not friends and I don't give a shit about your games." is changed to "We're not friends and I don't care about your games."
- The line "Here we go. Shit." is changed to "Here we go. Gosh."
- The line "Then point me in the direction of whoever's ass I have to kick!" is changed to "Then point me in the direction of whoever's butt I have to kick!"
- The entire scene where Hela kills the Hogun and the warriors (save Skurge) is shortened. This is the only scene of violence censored in the film.
- Due to sexual references, the 'orgy' joke was cut.
The film was rerun on November 1, 2018 at 4:45pm, and again on December 21, 2018 at 12:05pm.
Where to find it uncensored[edit | edit source]
The DVD and Blu-Ray has it uncensored.