Thor: The Dark World is a 2013 film distributed by Marvel Studios, directed by Alan Taylor, and also starring Chris Hemsworth in the titular lead role. On the Australian network ABC Me, the film was heavily censored, language and violence wise, in order to get a "PG-LV" rating (as ABC Me aims their movies and shows at kids).
Australian censorship[edit | edit source]
ABC Me[edit | edit source]
Some scenes had to be censored due to intense coarse language and intense violence/nature, and the result was a "PG-LV" like in the first film. The film premiered on the channel on October 3, 2014 at 7pm.
- Both uses of the line "Holy shit!" by Kat Dennings' character are changed to "Holy crap!"
- The line "See you in hell, monster!" is changed to "See you later, monster!"
- Due to emotional intensity for younger children, the scene where Kurse kills Frigga as well as Frigga's funeral were cut, leading newcomers/late bloomers to believe that Frigga had somehow been banished to Earth or had disappeared.
- The scenes where a naked Erik Selvig is shown naked and running around a Stonehenge on the news are cut.
- Like in the first film, some of the intense fantasy violence is toned down.
Where to find it uncensored[edit | edit source]
The DVD and Blu Ray is uncensored.