Yu-Gi-OH Duel Monsters was a anime that was made in Japan and was released in April 2000.4Kids bought the rights to make/air the English dub. While 4Kids no longer exists it's dub for Yu-Gi-Oh is still used.
- Episode 1
- The scene where Yugi says "So this is how you harmed my grandfather." it was changed to "So this is how you beat my grandfather."
- The scene where Yugi says "Damn that Kaiba! He knows this game inside and out..." was changed to "He's good he knows every aspect of this game."
- The scene where Kaiba says "So this is the card deck that dying old geyser left you? I can hear his dying breath with each card you draw!" it was changed to "You're not faring any better then the old man Yugi. Your deck is just as weak and feeble as your grandfather. "
- The scene where Kaiba says "Burst Stream of Destruction!" was muted.
- The scene where Yugi says "Light of Hellfire! Exodo Flame!" was changed to "Exoda obliterate him!"
- Episode 2
- The line "Alright! Happy Lover has 500 defense points." was changed to "Yeah right, like that wimpy card has a chance against my Rock Guy."
- The scene where Yugi says "Rock Ogre was errored by Holy Wind." it was changed to "Oh yeah! The Breath of Light wears downs rock monsters."
- The scene where Yugi says "It's been annihilated and returned to Earth." it was changed to "It reduced them to ruble."
- The line "King Rex will now be trapped in the hellish vortex, unable to move." was changed to "But then how could your tiny Dinosaur brain know when a enemy attacks my vortex activates.
- The line "And King Rex is annihilated." was changed to "And King Rex is extinct."
- All mentions of the "Devil Dragon card" were changed to "Dragon card"
- Episode 3
- The scene that shows Yugi checking Mai from the legs up was cut.
- The scene that shows Anzu shriving was cut.
- Episode 4/5
- The scene that shows Anzu being embraced was cut.
- The scene that shows Jounochi almost sneezing on Anzu was cut.
- The scene where Yugi apologizes saying that it's his fault that Jounochi is getting a cold was cut.
- The scene that shows a flashback of Yugi staring down with Inspector Haga was cut.
- The scene that shows the guards shoving everyone into the castle was cut.
- The scene where Jounochi apologizes to Yugi for taking one of his star chips was cut.
- The scene where Yugi tells Jounochi that it's all right because he knows he can win was cut.
- The scene where Jounochi questions where Inspector Haga is running was cut.
- The entire scene where Yugi starts to fail along with his comeback due to the use of a trap card was cut.
- The scene that shows Haga getting mad after Yugi found out his strategy was cut.
- Episode 7
- The scene that shows Yuka holding a fish and getting mad at Yugi and his friends for eating without asking was cut.
- Episode 8
- Any scene that shows a gun close to Kaiba's head was cut.
- Any scene that shows the goons holding a gun was modified for the 4KIDS dub. In the 4KIDS version the guns were digitally removed as a result they are just pointing their fingers.
- Episode 10
- The scene that shows Player Killer morphing into Pegasus was cut.
- Episode 12
- The scene that shows Yuugi and Jounouchi peeking on Anzu when she is in the shower was cut.
- Episode 13
- Any scene that shows Honda's Cyber Commander's gun was modified for the 4KIDS dub. In the 4KIDS version the gun was removed. (Note: This edit is somewhat inconsistent.)
- Episode 14/15
- (Note: 15 min's of footage was cut, I will go in at a later date and have a detailed edit list for everything that got cut.)
- Episode 17
- The scene that shows Bandit Keith pushing Ghost Kotsuka was cut.
- The art on the Card Call of Hunted was modified. In the 4KIDS dub the crosses were changed to tombstones.
- Episode 18
- The scene that shows Keith Goon punching Honda was cut.
- The scene that shows Keith was punching his goons and Ghost Kotsuka was cut.
- Episode 20
- The scene that shows Kemo holding a gun up to Kaiba's head was cut.
- Episode 21
- The scene that shows the goon reaching for a gun was cut.
- Episode 22
- The scene that shows the gym teacher videotaping Anzu was cut.
- The scene that shows the gym teacher punching Anzu was cut.
- Episode 25
- The scene that shows shinning friendship was modified for the 4KIDS dub. In the 4KIDS dub shinning friendship is wearing clothes.
I apologize for explaining it this way, I have a problem researching the anime season. This season the characters went to a virtual world and were playing with some characters that were there. A female character used a nun-themed card (Compassionate Nun) in the game. The 4Kids channel changed the color from white to yellow, and changed the name of the character on the card in the cartoon and on cards that were sold in real life to The Forgiving Maiden. In the anime scene, the clothes remain yellow until the opponent uses a card that made the characters' cards gain a robot theme, then the color went back to white.
Where to find it uncensored
The Japanese version is uncensored and 4Kids released a uncut version on DVD's (This uncut version is not completely uncensored).
- This article is a stub. Please help the Censorship Wiki by expanding it.